Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Porch Interviews: Luke Harper


Porch Interview #1 - Luke Harper

My friend Luke hit Sea-town this morning fresh from his home town of Minneapolis, MN. I've known Luke since High School, and have been making sweet music with him from day one. Luke is a good friend with perhaps a slight... crush on me, so he has been kind enough to mix and master my most exciting projects that I have produced over the last 10+ years. Lucky for me, his work can be heard in many a hippy van as he toured with and mixed a plethora of String Cheese shows, among other things. I must admit I am still impressed with one of his first projects back at Thunder Factory, the digital remastering of King Kong. It was some time ago, and perhaps I'm cloudy with the details, but seems a cool thing to be able to say, "I had a hand in King Kong..."

These days, Luke runs his own studio complete with intern and shiny mixer. check out what he's been up to on his website:

audioaltimeter.com

If you've heard our New EP, "Easy to Swallow" you've heard the magic that is, Luke Harper. Enjoy this video interview with Luke and me, it's the first in what I hope to be a fun series!

Peace y'all,

Nate b
BOH

2 comments:

  1. Godzilla, it was Godzilla. So I was just informed. Just as well to have a hand in Godzilla.

    Nate b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that was just surreal. Beyond the fact that it has been a metric zillion years since the three of us have been smoking on a porch together, that was 60 seconds of you two without profanity, sexual innuendo or drug references. What the hell happened???!
    (Okay, Luke did say “I got a box”, “fudge” and “snickerdoodles” but there was little irony in his expression) It was good to see you both and hear you laugh, Nate. Luke, how do you feel about your considerable skills being referred to so frequently with ‘wiggle-fingers’?
    I miss you guys - Liz

    ReplyDelete