Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dreams Can Come True


There are a lot of reasons I like being in a band with Nate. This is one of them. I spent my entire friday hunched over the sewing machine cackling and cursing trying to make these ridiculous pants a reality. The deal was that if I made them, he'd have to wear them (on stage!) I can't wait.

The original idea wasn't to embarrass him. No, quite the opposite. I was convinced that we needed these gold track suites, that they would be sick. I remember saying to Nate, "You know, we spend so much time and energy trying to present a professional sound, why shouldn't we appear as professional?" Oh God. I spent many hours searching the internets and came up with nothing. I even scowered the cheer leading websites. So, naturally, I decided to just make them.

I am in the midst of constructing a pair for myself. Can't wait/dread the show we decide to dawn them. It will happen, I have made this dream a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment